Happy Wednesday to All! I don't know why I'm feeling chipper. Maybe because yesterday was Seattle Marie's birthday? (Happy Birthday, Friend!) Maybe because I'm happy for TC Marie who is vacationing in France, even though we miss her? Last we heard, she was Avignon bound on the high-speed train. (Go girl, go!) I dunno. Maybe because I can post and know there are about 7 or 8 of you who will read it, and then I'll actually get some email from real live people.
Onto the WIP report...
Onto the WIP report...
CPH's back is drying on the blocking board. Next up, will be the two fronts. Am I ready to seam yet? No, I'm not there yet, although I'm living vicariously through Seattle Marie. I've just done five increases on both sleeves that I'm doing at once, but I know once that those sleeves are done, I'm gonna wanna work on the hood somethin' fierce. I even talked Madgik into blocking hers too, so we can be prepared. Semper Fi. That's what I always say. Okay, not really, but I'm a bit chipper right now. Please bear with me.
Here are said sleeves in progress.
These are my May socks for SAM3. I'm doing a generic toe-up sock. However, instead of doing the usual Priscilla Gibson Robert short-row heel, I'm trying the heel from Wendy's generic toe-up sock pattern. Thanks, Chrispy, for the advice. so far, one heel done and no gaping holes at the join. I still have the second sock to make and try the technique again, so I'll be cautiously optimistic.
I'm using Regia Cotton, doubled, and will probably make them ankle socks. They'll be a gift for my friend, San Jose Steph, because my tootsies were cold when we were up there last weekend. I'm assuming hers must get cold too. Not sure why they look freakishly long (and don't say it's because my feet are freakishly long. They may be, but TMI!). The color is a bit pinker in real life. Funny how I can work on a sock and not notice the striping, until I see a picture of it. Does that make me far-sighted or near-sighted? Short-sighted? Color blind? I hope not.
Have a great week!
