Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bulky Moss Rib Gauntlets



Here is the lovely Keri, who has recently celebrated her 39th birthday (again!). She is modeling her wristwarmers which were handmade for her with love. Yes, these are the ones I didn't have time to snap a photo of before wrapping up and rushing to her surprise birthday party.



Project: Bulky Moss Rib Gauntlets by Capistrano Fiber Arts Studio
Yarn: Merino Wool and Silk by Capistrano Fiber Arts Studio Handpainted Yarns in Thistle colorway, 2 skeins.
Needles: KnitPicks Options US size 6, 2 circs method
Start: April 18
Finish: April 21

Thoughts: Quick and easy pattern, but not the "fast and wrong" kind. This yarn is super squishy and scrumptious; very high on the luxurious factor. KnitDevil picked up a couple of skeins of this yarn for me at the Madrona Fiber Festival last year, because when we visited La Petite Knitterie, they didn't have anymore of this decadent yarn. I was waiting for the right time to knit this up into something special. When I received the invitation to Keri's surprise birthday party, I knew it was the perfect occasion. Keri and I had talked before about wristwarmers for her and even discussed her color preferences, autumn colors. I was so pleased to find the perfect occasion to knit up this incredible yarn. These are definitely a two thumbs up yarn and pattern.