With the lack of knitting progress, I thought I'd distract you with other pictures. Sweetie Boy was a sweetie this afternoon and helped me make dinner: meatloaf! Ever since Madge has gotten into the crockpot thing, I've been interested too. Marie pointed us to a crockpot recipe a day blog. I had mixed results with some of the recipes, so I went back to a cookbook I already have, Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook.
I dumped all the ingredients in, while Sweetie Boy put away groceries. (Note: he's not usually this helpful, only when he's motivated to get stuff done so we can have time to buy new sneakers for him for school. But beggars can't be choosey!)
He squished all the ground beef together with the other ingredients, and we tossed it into the crockpot for 3 hours.
I dumped a bunch of ketchup on it, warmed up some leftover mashed potatoes, cooked green beans in the micro for 3 minutes, and instant meal was done! Not bad if I do say so myself!
Please ignore the crumbled up piece on the plate. My plating skills suck.
To reward ourselves and since it's the end of summer, we made stovetop s'mores. Of course, they are not as good as roasting them over the campfire, but these were definitely good enough.
Here's to hoping for more knitting progress and pictures in the next post.
