Sunday was the start of the Second Wave Clapotis kal, but promised myself I needed to finish a certain project before casting on. I finally cast on Monday evening, and am really enjoying it, the rhythm, the knits and purls through the back loop, how the yarn is knitting up. I'm using my Brooks Farm Solana superwash which I purchased at Stitches West in February specifically for Clapotis. The yarn is extremely soft, not splitty at all, and beautifully dyed. This one is getting a big ravelry smiley face so far. I'm on the fifth repeat of the increase section, so haven't started dropping yet, but that should happen in a day or so.
Sweetie Girl's Mia Shrug finally has arms and the miles and miles of endless stockinette are seeming just like that.
Here's the certain project I made myself finish before starting Clapotis. Surprise! It's the Wobbly Tote, also known as the bane of my existence for the past 18 months it has been languishing. But no more! I love how the stripe sequence turned out on the back. Felting will occur next week at Chez Knitdevil, the felted bag expert.
This Saturday, Marie is having a crafty yard sale, and I'll be hauling out a lot of old Creative Memories scrapbooking supplies to unload. Watch her site for details. Hope to see you!
