Monday, November 24, 2008

She's a-dryin' out

Ariann is done and she's a-dryin' out. No, no problem with alcohol. At least I don't think so. I did the very focused and almost manic weave-in-the-ends-and-sew-up-the-seams finishing this morning, so I could quickly toss her in the bath. Before her bath, I tried her on quickly for fit and measured her. The bust grew eight inches just from the dunk! That's a good thing because it was too tight. Now I hope she won't be too big. I don't remember the swatch doing that but I swatched over 14 months ago so I don't remember. Naturally, I didn't take any notes on pre and post blocking gauge measurements. Fingers crossed she'll be dry and fit in time for Thanksgiving.


She's all stretched out here on the blocking board. Taking these pictures from way up high is always kind of interesting. I can get a better feel for proportion and I wonder if the collar is too long. The pattern calls for four inches, but on the rav boards, there's a few who have made them longer, anywhere up to eight inches total. Probably too long and floppy for my shrimpyness, so I went with five inches. We shall see. If it's too long, I'll have to convince myself it's worth the effort to rip back to four.


Finally, I can turn to some holiday gift knitting! If only I knew what to make. Maybe a dumpling bag or two or three?