Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Least Favorite Cast On


Sorry for the pun, but it's true. Sweetie Boy rolled his foot in PE about a week and a half ago, and after resting it for a week, it wasn't getting any better. The orthopedist said there wasn't any fractures that could be seen on the x-ray, but recommended casting his foot for a week, so he could get proper rest. That's what we did. It comes off on Thursday, so fingers crossed it's all better. Even with the cast slowing him down a little bit, Sweetie Boy is still all smiles. He's always been my happy boy ever since he was a baby.



Lest you think I don't knit anymore (even though I don't seem to blog about it much), I have been making progress on Ariann. Look! She even has arms now.
The color is a bit of a deeper teal color, and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of this sweater. I'm using some Cascade 220 which I scored for a pittance from the Knit Happens Online clearance. We have had a nice couple of days which actually felt like fall. This weekend, at Sweetie Girl's 8 a.m. soccer game, I was chilly enough to wear my wool CPH! Unfortunately, it's not long-lived as temps are predicted to get back into the '90s this week. Ugh! Fall, where are you?