All of my WIPs currently seem to be lace projects, which don't make for problem-free social knitting projects. I needed a stockinette in the round project, so I finally cast on for Picovoli. I tried to make it once before, swatching with Artful Yarns Fable and Valeri di Roma Topacio. Both were just too thick of a fabric and the gauge was not right. Granted, it's not a hard pattern to rework the stitch count but I thought the sweater fabric would be too heavy.
I picked up some Elann Esprit at their recent bag sale for this yarn and got this lovely blue called capri. It's sport weight and stretchy which takes a little getting used to. I knit up a swatch, and reworked the numbers. No problem though, but I did get some row gauge advice from the all-knowing Patty. Here she is in her unexciting beginning stage. I can foresee this one taking a while before being done, partly because it's 161 stitches to start on size 5s, but mostly because the yarn tends to stick to the needles, even the metal ones.
Hopefully, I will do a tiny bit of finishing on Friday and finally be able to show Baby Cardigan #4. Have a great rest of the week and stay cool!
