After obsessing over which yarn to use for this project, I decided I really wanted some silk in it, thus I decided on Zephyr. Melanie also suggested either white, black or shades thereof for the stole and Vanilla is what I went with. The first picture is during blocking, and the second is post-blocking. You can see my lace amateur skills at work on the first repeat and a bit on the second repeat, but I'm happy with how the third repeat looks. I'm a lace beginner, so this hopefully this kal will help me improve my lace skills.
I swatched using the Bryspun size 4s I recently purchased at the BSK sale for $2. In keeping with my reputation as the needle dancer, I was not happy with them. The plastic was too grippy, so for the actual stole, I'll be using my KnitPicks Options in size 4. Hopefully, that will make it easier for me to run a lifeline. Now, all I need to do is decide whether to bead or not and for the kal to actually start!
BTW, CPH is done, done, and done. Really. Truly. Buttons are sewn on. And I'm excited and relieved. I'm going to wait for a slight dip in the weather before attempting a photo shoot. Stay tuned!
