Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Coriolis Sock



I'm slow on the uptake, because it took me a day or so to realize that I could *finally* post pictures of the Coriolis Sock by Cat Bordhi from the Knitty Gritty episode. I finished them in January but had to wait until the pattern was released before I could show the pictures. (Thanks for helping me remember, Annie!)

The socks were knit double-stranded using Austermann Step. We were given 2 balls to make them, and I have plenty of yarn leftover. I just weighed the leftovers, and it looks like I used one entire ball and 1/4 of a second ball to knit up a pair of man's socks. You can see from the picture how high up they go. If you knitted a woman's size, I'm sure you'd have enough in one ball of yarn to finish them. Besides, they're knit toe-up, so if you run out, the leg portion will just be a tad shorter than you might want.



They wash up super soft, and have made a great pair of house socks. Sweetie Hubby loves them because they keep his tootsies warm, and I am ever so pleased when I see him wearing them.