As promised, here are the details on the Monster Mash socks that just slid in under the wire.
Project: Monster Mash Socks. Toe-up with chevron pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks.Yarn: Country Hill Instant Gratification Sock Yarn in Monster Mash, 1 hank
Needles: Options US size 5s, 2 socks on 2 circs method
Start: Wednesday, October 25th
Finish: Tuesday, October 31st
Thoughts: The yarn was fun to work with from a color standpoint but got a bit too fuzzy at the end. They were a blast to watch the colors come out and work together. That was definitely fun, and they were a quick knit, which is always a bonus. The needles were wonderful to use. Other than one needle unscrewing once in a while, they were perfect. The cables never got kinked, even after I smooshed them into the middle zippered compartment of the new knitting purse. I can't wait until my entire set arrives! Since the socks were made toe-up (using the Turkish cast-on), the chevron pattern is actually upside-down. In Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks, the chevron pattern is featured on top-down socks. I don't think it made a difference though. The chevrons really show off the variegation of the yarn beautifully. The socks are a bit tight, as this pattern is known for, and I have to do a bit of tugging to get them on. That said, once they're on, they're comfy! My first hand-knitted socks for myself.
They were a graveyard smash.
