Tuesday, September 05, 2006


Over and Over Again and Again

Here's the Lace Wings Sea Silk Shawl ready to get frogged again. I think this will be frogging #7. I've been having a hard time understanding the pattern, the stitch count, where to do the pattern and where to knit straight. But I'm gonna do this, now that I have wasted so much time trying to figure it out. The pattern is not a difficult one. For me, the written description confuses the row by row instructions. That and I'm just a flippin' idiot. But that's okay because the yarn is, as expected, gorgeous to work with and luxurious to touch. It really is a treat to feel the silk flowing through my fingers.

The Sweeties go back to school tomorrow, and we're ready for it. New school outfits washed and folded. New school shoes laid out. Backpacks and lunch boxes labeled and ready to be filled. I just have to remember to give the Sweeties their lucky money. Lucky money is a tradition in my family. My Mom and Dad gave each of us six kids lucky money in a red envelope for the first day of school. It started in kindergarten and lasted through to high school. I would get my dollar or two in a chinese red envelope, and when I was little and didn't need a backpack, I would put the red envelope in my shoe, so I wouldn't lose it. When I got home after school and took off my shoes, the money was still there, of course. Along with a big pink spot on the sole my new white sock. My Sweeties love that story.